Apparently that is how we will measure summer success. How many Band-Aids did we use in a day? I have a 10-year-old and a five-year-old. Also, the five-year-old gets these ouchies that the human eye cannot detect but a Band-Aid cures them. Stops any crying of whining cold. I can get on board with that. So far, our record has been six Band-Aids between the two kids.
In addition to Band-Aids, the beach bag includes these things.
hibiscus towel from Target. I take one beach towel per person, plus one to stand on or use as a back-up.
2. Sunscreen. Last year, I discovered that I love Neutrogena Ultra Sheer Dry-Touch Sunblock. It doesn't leave my hands feeling greasy after I apply it. This year, I also found that I like Banana Boat Sport Performance Coolzone Sunscreen. This is only 30 SPF, so we use Neutrogena first, and then use the Banana Boat for re-application. It's a spray and nice and cool, so it's great for the beach when it's hot. I use Coppertone WaterBabies Sunscreen on everyone's face.
3. Goggles. My kids love wearing goggles when swimming, so I keep several sets in the bag.
4. Dive toys. When beach boredom sets in (I know...who can get bored at the pool or beach other than my kids?) I pull out dive toys.
5. I love Bubba drinking bottles this summer. This is the only brand I've found that truly does not leak.
6. Sunglasses. I buy sunglasses at Target because I lose, break, misplace them. I also like options. If I wear sunglasses, I can afford lots of options.
7. And the secret stash. I wrote more about it last year, but I always have some work in my bag for when my kids aren't paying attention.
What's in your beach bag?